Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Day in the Life: I Had a Fashion Dream Part Deux

When I knew that I was serious about pursing an internship with a notable fashion magazine in New York City, I knew that I had to make an action plan. Working towards my dream was going to take more than passion, drive and determination, I had to have a well-researched, organized approach in attaining such an exciting opportunity in the fashion world.

-Number 1, I made a list of all the magazines I wanted to apply to. I made sure that they were each places that would not only provide me with a really great opportunity but a place that I could really see myself in. One thing that my experience in the fashion industry has taught me was to do my research! It always important to know what you are getting into when applying for a job or going in for an interview.

-Number 2, After making my list I went over to ed2010.com, which is a GREAT site if you are looking to make it in the magazine publishing industry. Created by a group of writers who had the goal of becoming editors by the year 2010, this site has up-to-date postings on oodles and oodles of internships as well as really helpful advice. I suggest checking the message board to read about the experiences of other people who are going through similar experiences to you.
Well, until next time for Part Three
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment