Thursday, February 25, 2010

Amanda's Fashion Picks.......My Favourite Fashion Pieces

My favourite fashion collections are always couture and resort. Couture always thinks outside the box and resort always gives me the warm, fuzzy feeling that you get when the snow starts to melt and the sun starts to shine. With the constant snow fall that has been going on lately this is the perfect pick-me-up to the cold grey weather.

Elie Saab
Mighty Aphrodite! This couture collection is beyond beautiful. The soft colours mixed with shots of yellow and sparkles create a soft, floaty collection that makes me want to be a part of Shakespeare's A Midsummer's Night Dream. Ahhh! What a nice breath of fresh, couture air!























Chanel Couture
This show is just pastels, creamy white and delicious all over! It reminds me of cupcakes and confections with the styling conjuring up memories of Sofia Coppolla's Marie Antoinette. The big hair, bows, layers and ruffles are fit for a lady who wears her femininity on her sleeve.























3.1 Philip Lim

This resort collection is fresh, clean and modern, just the way I like it. The large eyelet fabric combined with the whites, greys and blacks adds a sophisticated sexiness that is perfect for day and good for night.

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment