Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Day in the Life: I Had a Fashion Dream Part Sept


It is now about three weeks until I leave the great Toronto for the Big Apple to begin my dream internship! I am excited, anxious and busily going through all the things that I need to do before I arrive in the fashion capital of North America.

I am currently finalizing the necessary forms that I need for my SWAP visa, the necessary forms that I need for my internship course and the information that I need for my apartment. All I can say is, I am pooped! Beyond exhausted. However, no matter how stressed out or tired I may feel, I always have to remember that achieving a dream that at one point seemed so far fetched, was not always going to be smooth sailing. When achieving a fashion dream or any dream it is important to never give up and don't ever stop believin'!

At this point it seems that the only major things that I need to do is to start packing! I don't even know where to begin, I always over pack and want to bring everything. You know, just in case I might want to wear that black sequined dress? However, given the weight and luggage limitation that apply when traveling I must be selective when I begin to pack.

Here is a tentative list of what I will need,
1)Bottoms:
-Jeggings/Leggings (oh how I love these!) 4 pairs
-Denim skinny jeans 5 pairs
-Skirts 5
-Shorts 5

2)Tops
-Professional 4
-Casual 5
-Fun/Evening 6

3)Dresses
-Professional 5
-Casual 4
-Evening/Fun 4

So far that seems right, although I am sure there will be many more changes so stay tuned for updates! How do you go up about packing for long trips? If you have any tips I would love to hear them!

Enjoy!

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment