Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Psychology, Sociology and Anthropologie: Yorkville's Latest Lifestyle

Ahhh I am in love! I just love a lifestyle a store. I love being able to find so many wonderful items all under one well-decorated roof, so you can imagine my excitement when I discovered the American lifestyle store, Anthropologie.

I first discovered the eclectic, home-y, vintage store on a trip to New York City and I fell in love. Filled with books, beautiful clothes and lovely scented candles I knew that a store like this needed to be in Canada and now it is. Smack dab in the middle of swanky Yorkville, welcome Anthropologie.

As you first walk in, you are welcomed by the sweet scents of its many candles, perfumes and soaps. They also sell kitchenware (think colourful printed plates and mugs) , crystal doorknobs and books such as, The Little Dictionary of Fashion by Chrisitian Dior.

Most importantly, Anthropologie sells clothes, lots and lots of beautiful clothes. The type of clothes that you can picture yourself wearing in a beautiful garden or sipping coffee at Starbucks. It was prints galore with colourful silk and jersey dresses. Thin and thick knit sweaters had me imagining my fall wardrobe along with the pleated high waisted skirts.

I absolutely love this store for it is so inspiring. There is something new and exciting everywhere you turn and it is the perfect place to get lost and shop on a rainy day. In need of a few new things? Head over to 80 Yorkville and start exploring.

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment