Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Shopping along the Eglinton Way!


On a morning stroll yesterday I decided to venture to Yonge and Eglinton, an area that I normally visit when wanting to watch a movie or go to the Pickel Barrel but this time it is for what I love the most shopping!

I was on a mission to find some of fabulous New York designer, Yumi Kim's pieces and found my way first into TNT, then TNT Gallerie and finally TNT Blu. When I first walked into the spacious and minimal store, (TNT that is) I was first taken aback by their collection of white pants and bright colourful tops by Theory. As I continued to browse throughout the store I found some beautiful pieces by Philip Lim including a Chanel-inspired crochet jacket and brown evening top with a gold chain neckline. It was interesting indeed, however I was unable to find me some Yumi Kim. It was then that the sales associate directed me to TNT Blu but before I venture there, I stopped by TNT Gallerie next door.

TNT Gallerie looks like, you guessed it! An art gallery. Continuing with the minimal theme of the store, the clothes beautifully stood out. What I loved there was a to die for leather bomber jacket by Vogue/CFDA recipient, Alexander Wang. This was the type of jacket that makes coun the days down the fall. I also loved a fuschia cocktail dress with feather trim by Badgley Mischka. Now I was on my way to TNT Blu. At this location I was able to find Yumi Kim and admired the beautiful floral printed kimono tops. I also spotted a few cute maxis dresses and lots of studded Balmain-esqe jean vests and jackets.


I also spotted a cute sewing workshop for all you aspiring sewers out there! It is called Sew Be It and they have sewing workshops during throughout the year including bra making DIY swimsuit. This studio is geared towards the younger fashion set, think tweens and teens with a Fashion Design Program for Teens. It's great for any teenager who is aspiring to enter the fashion world and I am all for that! For more information visit: http://www.sewbeitstudio.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1

Do you have a favourite place to shop in Toronto? If so, where?

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment