Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Purrrfect Vintage at the Cat's Meow


As I was walking down Avenue Road, I spotted three gorgeous red dresses. One had a sweetheart neckline with ruching along the front and side seams. The second was short sleeved with a frilled skirted piece above a pencil skirt accompanied by a large floral print. The third was passionate red goodness. 

The home to these lovely dresses was The Cat's Meow Vintage. One of my favourite vintage stores, this boutique carries Pucci, Oleg Cassini and Dior. Each of the pieces are in excellent condition and stand out against the simple white walls. As I browsed through each of the fabulous dresses, it took me back to images of yesteryear, where women dressed like proper ladies and gossiped over Sunday tea.

The original Catwoman, Eartha Kitt a chante in the background purring her desire to be evil and I don't know about her but this place does the opposite for me. Some of the pieces that I cherished, were a thick strapped sheath dress with a criss-cross in the back with a large colourful floral print and a white eyelet dress with a Tiffany blue belt and A-line skirt. This store had me daydreaming of strolling the streets of the Toronto circa 1955.

If you are ever in need of something really precious, unique and beautiful, then you must pounce on The Cat's Meow located at 180 Avenue Rd. This clean boutique also has a wonderful collection of costume jewellery, silk scarves and hats.

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment